Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Allez les Bleus!!!

So I went to my first ever soccer match last night- France vs. Croatia at Stade de France with a few friends. Don't ask me what happened, because I really have no idea. All I know is, the score was tied at the end 0-0, the beer was awful, and the guy sitting next to me must have been completely confused as to why me and Grace were at the game in the first place because of our complete lack of knowledge of "football" (I don't care what the Europeans say- it's soccer). Regardless, it was a good time had by all.




Side note: Before the game, me and Grace decided to grab dinner together, which ended up being pizza. I showed my true American colors when I gave up on trying the eat the damn thing with a knife and fork (which is the way it's done here- it makes no sense whatsoever), cut the pie into slices, and ate it New York style. I'm pretty sure the owner of the restaurant was looking at me in disgust because of that, but oh well. :)

2 comments: